Tuesday 31 May 2011

Those We Love

I don't have time to make a card in the next day or two, but I realized I didn't post this one which I made for several SCS challenges last week - it was a tribute to Pam (bailmac) who was Queen for the Day!  Pam is such a sweetheart, it was a real pleasure to make a card inspired by one of hers.  I used a Hero Arts stamp for the black silhouettes and punched flowers in a color similar to SU's Bermuda Bay.  The black border is MFT's faux crochet Die-namic - I love it!  The sentiment is from Stampendous - I think this one is unusual but very meaningful and could be used to encourage someone going through a hard time - I could imagine giving this to a loved one to tell them that I would "be there" for them in the middle of dark days.
Other supplies: pearls, Spellbinders Butterflies 2, twine (The Twinery), Echo Park Summer Fun, DCWV Nana's Nursery dp, Versafine Black Onyx ink

3 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Hi Bridget!! Love your blog :). Sorry it took me so long to find it!!! This card is just beautiful!! I love how the teal elements just pop right off the black/white page. What a gorgeous effect!

Bonnie said...

Hi Briget, I'm so glad to see you have started a blog. I have been a fan of yours on SCS for quite awhile. I love this card with the Bermuda Bayish color and black and the sentiment is so perfect for a sympathy card!

Lisa A. said...

This is beautiful, Bridget!! I just learned of your blog...how WONDERFUL!! I love this card!! The colors are soooooo pretty and pretty together...wow!!!!