Tuesday 25 October 2011

Be Still and Know

I used one of the October Viva La Verve sketches for my card, this one is designed by Charmaine.  I love this verse, it's one I'm trying more and more to put into practice.  And for me, it takes practice - being still mentally or physically, doesn't come naturally!  I'm also trying to practice knowing that He is God - by that I mean letting Him deal with circumstances and people around me and not feeling like I have to sort everyone and everything out! : )
I embossed the back panel and popped it up, then added rolled felt roses to the circle with the sentiment.  I love how these roses turn out in any color, but cream is my favorite!
I cut up the flourish to add greenery and leaves, then finished off with pearls, and gold cord.
Other supplies include:
MFT rolled roses Die-namic
Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish die
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles
gold cord
pearls
Versafine Black Onyx ink

4 comments:

Tricia T said...

Oh, Bridget this is lovely. Truly lovely!! Thank you for sharing!

dboeke said...

I am very inspired by your lovely cards. You are using the gifts that God gave you. Thank you for sharing your designs.

Shannon White said...

Oh My! This is just Gorgeous!! 8-) Wow! So Elegant! The Roses the embossing and touch of green flourish! Just so Lovely! Thanks so much for the inspiration! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Janie Printz said...

This is simply stunning !!! i've been having a look around your wonderful blog & have found so many great cards.
I love the embossing & flourish on this one & that beautiful sentiment but the roses steal the show !!! Did you use the wool felt & not the cheap stuff you can buy at the local craft stores? They are amazing ....
Hugs, Janie