Saturday 17 March 2012

Gold Organza Bloom

Today's Inspiraton Challenge at Splitcoaststampers took us to Johnny Tapete's Original Vintage Wallpaper and I was inspired to use some My Minds Eye dp by a vintage wallpaper with tiny gold and pink flowers which you can see HERE.
I've also used the My Favorite Things sketch this week and the MFT Loopy Bloom Die-namic for the flower.  I found a small piece of shimmery gold organza in a box of fabric in the back of my closet (spring cleaning - it's amazing what you find in the back of the closet!)  I doubled it over and cut two of them since the fabric is so sheer and thin.  A small strip of double sided tape along the bottom and then roll it up and you've got a beautiful dimensional loopy flower.  I flattened the middle to add a button.
The dress is paper pieced and the rest is colored with copics and popped up.  I find that going over some bright colors with copic W0 or W1 (a light, light gray) tones down the brightness and it works well with some dp's which have muted or vintage shades of dp.  Copic E41 (Pearl White) also works well for this if the dp's have vintage tones.  But always try it out first before doing it on a piece of work you've been carefully coloring!  Ask me how I know.
Supplies include:
My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody dp
Twine (The Twinery)
Organza fabric
October Afternoon buttons
Copics
Sewing machine

5 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Bridget. That image is so sweet. That ribbon flower is beautiful. What a great idea!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous I really like this , I love the flower Bridget well done
Hugs Elaine

Tricia T said...

Bridget, I just love this card! Those colors are so sweet and I added that little MFT girl to my wish list after seeing her on the last few cards you made!

Tricia

Wanda Cullen said...

Genius idea to make the loopy flower out of sheer ribbon! I have a bunch of old SU sheer ribbon and may have to try that trick. Love this card!

Shannon White said...

Oh this is So Adorable Bridget! I Love your Super Sweet image and her Darling paper pieced dress! So Cute! An your loopy flower and pretty dp's are just Fabulous! Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon