Friday 23 March 2012

Rose for Korin

I made this card in honor of Korin, owner of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, who is Queen for the Day at Splitcoaststampers!  Korin is an inspiration to me through her sweet spirit and talent, and an example of how the Lord uses us wherever we are, as she seeks to honor God through her business.
I used two Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets, Rose Blossom and Poppies and Greetings for the sentiment.  I drew in the bottom part of the stem so that my rose could be slightly long stemmed.
I created a card base with a large Nesties Circle and then glued the doily cut with Cheery Lynn Designs English Tea Party doily on the front.  If you're trying this, it's important to make sure the front of the card rests evenly on two of the rounded points of the doily, or else your card will rock crookedly when it sits!
Copics used for the rose are:
RV14, RV23, RV21, RV02
Leaves:
YGb7, YG25, YG23, YG00
Supplies include:
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large
Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags die
Copics
Echo Park Victoria Gardens
Paper Mill Shop white linen cardstock
Pearls
Ribbon

3 comments:

Karen Howard said...

Hi Bridget,
Thank you for finding me on SCS, it helped me find you! I love this card, such pretty rose and design! I'm your newest follower! Hugs, Karen

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card Bridget! Love the circle shape. The rose is lovely. :o)

JD/ Jill said...

This is such a lovely elegant card!