Thursday 9 May 2013

Outside the Lines

 
I love watercoloring but it's still new to me to purposely let go and go "outside the lines" with paints and colouring mediums.
The butteflies were stamped on watercolor paper with Stayzon ink using masking with post-it-notes.
I watercolored and sprayed a few layers before spritzing with paint, then sponged ink on the edges. 
To finish I added some jute twine and a vintage button.
I'll definitely be trying this again!
Supplies include:
Winsor and Newton watercolours
American Crafts Jute twine
Stampin Up Soft Suede, Rose Romance, Marvelous Magenta ink
Stazon Black ink
Papermania Butterflies

8 comments:

Karen M said...

Bridget, this is really gorgeous...soft, floaty, feminine and summery! beautiful and well done you, for keeping at it with the watercolouring!

Danni said...

Truly gorgeous!

Sasha said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Bridget. Your colouring looks stunning. I'm also afraid to let my colours run outside the lines, but must give it a try. I love folk art painting, and wondered about trying to incorporate it into my stamping. Your card is gorgeous! x

Heather Rogers said...

I think it turned out beautifully Bridget. Butterflies are always a favorite of mine. :)

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Those are prettiest butterflies ever. Yes, you need to try this technique again!! Awesome!

Petti said...

This is gorgeous. Love the colour you pick.

maria f. said...

So very pretty. Lovely colors too.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Bridget! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)