Sunday 22 September 2013

Pearl Wreath


Today I'm sharing a card
made with the very versatile set Seasonal Wreaths.
The leaves on this particular wreath seem just perfect for an autumn card, but
I was in the mood to try something different, so I went for a pastel palette
using Andrea Jayne Pampered Pets dp, stitching each panel.
I used a layout based on THIS card from Curt O'Brien's gallery at Splitcoaststampers where he is the Featured Stamper this week! 
I created it without a sentiment and now I'm trying to decide what occasion to use it for -
what do you think?  I'd love to hear what kind of card you
 think this should be, if you've got the time to let me know!
I tried to pick up the soft green in the leaves and the soft pink in the
bow while coloring the image with copics.
The coordinating Wreath Dies make cutting the wreaths and popping them up so easy! 
I added little clusters of pearls for a bit of shine and dimension.
I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday,
and thanks so much for taking a few moments to stop by today! 

3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Love all your perfect stitching details and love the pastel papers! Hmmm...my first thought was a non-traditional color combo for a Christmas card. It could be used for just about any kind of praying for you, thinking of you, etc. sentiment.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

I love this, Bridget! The colors, stitching and layers are all so pretty and so perfectly balanced.

K. Joy said...

I have been coming back to this card for a whole week now! It is just beautiful with the soft colors and the stitching and the little pearls. The occasions that are sticking in my mind would be wedding and birthday. :) It is a gorgeous card and would be perfect as just a note card, though!!